Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ruth-ness




Monday night my parents, my sister, our best friend, and I all went on a crazy drive down to Vancouver to see Ruth at thier CD release party. The drive was almost 3 hours... each way... on a school night! But it was WAY worth the lack of sleep. we got down there really early and had some pizza in vancouver, then we went back and chilled at the church for a while. the Ruth guys were just walking around, it was pretty sweet. Later we bought CD's and t-shits and met them and had them sign stuff... they were really cool to talk to, they could believe that we drove that far just to see them. We also met Danny, the new drummer. He is super nice. He seemed really suprised that we wanted his autograph. I have more stories, but I don't want this to be super long post.

The concert started. (oh by the way did I mention it is in this really small church that only fit like 200 people max?) We were front row, and by front row I mean we could have reached out and touched them. The concert was great!
the setlist(which i got afterwards):

Secondhand Dreaming
One Foot In One foot out
hibernation pieces
Back to the five
you are
who I was and who I am
Here to New York
Pure concept
Hearts on sleeves
forgetting to remember
Mr. Turner...
then they did an encore with Dead Giveaway, Standing still, and then a cover of weezer's 'smile'.

Pictures!





And I have a video of Dead Giveaway...
I also have a video of pure concept, but the sound quality is REALLY bad, but I can post it if people want. :]
Overall it was an amazing night.
~MLE

1 comment:

Mel said...

"If they weren't on stage...this song would be Ruthless."
...
"You know Jon, if they were really small, the could be baby ruths."

LOL I love the Ruth quotes.